Tuesday, August 31, 2010

prayer

Daily Hindu Mantra Lyrics to Chant in the Morning

Karagre Vasathe Lakshmi,
Karamadhye Saraswathi,
Karamoole Sthitha Govinda,
Prabhate Kara Darshanam

Meaning of the Mantra

Goddess Lakshmi lives in the tip of my palm,
Goddess Saraswathi lives in its middle,
And Govinda (Vishnu) lives at its base,
So I see my palm in the early morning.

==============================================================

=======================================================================
Hindu Daily Prayer addressed to Bhumi Devi

Samudhra Vasane Devi,
Parvatha Sthana Mandithe,
Vishnu Pathni Namasthubhyam
Pada Sparsam Kshamasva Mae

Meaning of the Prayer

Salutations to the divine wife of Lord Vishnu,
Who is clothed by oceans,
And is adorned prettily by the mountains,
Pardon me mother, for setting my foot on you.
=========================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment